Sunday, April 11, 2010

Y Because we can NOW




To some this Blog might not mean a lot, But for me and Ali this means allot to the both of us, for two people that have lived below this all there life's and have never had the desire or the will to see it up close, it is now something that we have accomplished and it is a small step in a big change in are life's. It all happened Saturday Morning. Me and Ali and are 3 boys stood at the bottom of the Mtn looking up saying, do we really want to do this, with a little encouragement from our boys and a big desire to do it, we Hiked to the top of the Y on Y Mtn. You can ask Ali was it worth it and I can guarantee one thing she will say it was really a work out with the backpack on, especially when she found out I packed the bag like we were going on a 10 day hike, man it was heavy, well we made it up and we made it down, the whole time Ali and I talked how hard it would have been had we not been going through the changes we are going through right now. Man it felt good. I am so proud of Ali and my 3 boys for doing it, it was truly a builder of confidence and a builder of love for us. Doing it might not be for all of us, but doing it once and knowing now that the path it well maintained and plenty of people and a wonderful view, going low and slow it was well worth. Hope all it well with you all, keep up the good fight and I hope we can all conquer our own Y on the MTN.


4 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your wonderful accomplishment!! Keep up your hard work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was amazing, even if you did wonder if you were going to have to shoot me & leave me on the sidelines at some points!! ha ha
    Next time I AM PACKING the bag!!! :) Love you, thanks for the fun suggestion!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pictures. Thanks for posting. That's a great hike and I'm sure your boys had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great accomplishment on Y Mount. And I saw you tonight in the gym looking positively thin. What a change from those pictures you posted a few weeks ago. Great going!!

    ReplyDelete